The Canada We Want Conference Series
Location of Event: YMCA Cedar Glen
Dates of Event: February 28-March 5, 2017
Feburary 28-March 1, 2017: Sharing the Stories Knowledge Exchange
Sharing the Stories is a platform of youth engagement and youth program evaluation tools that supports youth organizations in tracking outcomes and telling the story of their programs and initiatives. The Sharing the Stories initiative involves diverse youth organizations and agencies from across Canada and around the world. The platform also offers one-on-one coaching for youth organizations to build their capacity for meaningful youth engagement and youth program evaluation. There are currently 182 STS members. STS members and members of the youth sector are invited to make meaning of the data collected from the Sharing the Stories research and evaluation initiative.
For more information on the Sharing the Stories research and evaluation platform, please go to www.sharingthestories.ca.
March 1-5, 2017: The Canada We Want Conference Series
The Students Commission of Canada was founded at a national youth conference in 1991. The 1991 youth conference produced 260 recommendations for policy makers with the final recommendation focused on 'commissioning' an organization to support the implementation of the recommendations. Since then, the SCC has hosted at least one pan-Canadian conference every year. We are inviting 135 youth aged 12-25 and 25 adults allies from every province and territory to participate in the Canada We Want Conference Series. Our conference will focus on providing young people with an opportunity to have a say in the decisions that affect them and to determine the Canada We Want for the next 150 years. We will use the Young Decision Makers model to work through the various theme areas. Please see Young Decision Makers model. We will also use the conference to mark the 150h anniversary of Canadian Confederation and build opportunities for young people to continue to sustain their engagement in their home communities.
To Register: Please save a copy of the Canada We Want Conference Forms to your computer. Print the six-page form, fill it out in pen and fax it back to us at 416-597-0661. Email the completed form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to sign the form and indicate your preferred registration option.
Option #1: Sharing the Stories Knowledge Exchange (February 28-March 1, 2017)
All Participants- $75.00
Option #2: StS Knowledge Exchange plus the Canada We Want Conference Series
(February 28-March 5, 2017)
Adult Allies- $500.00
Option #3: The Canada We Want Conference (March 1-5, 2017)
Adult Ally - Fee $450.00
Youth - Fee $250.00
Option #4: Conference Facilitators and Prep Support (February 28-March 5, 2017)
Adult Ally - Fee $300.00
Youth - Fee $200.00
To pay conference fees online use CanadaHelps.org and select the General category. In the Message field please indicate one fee Option (number 1 - 4) and whether you are registering as an adult or youth.
Please note that there is a travel subsidy available for those who live outside of Ontario. All travel costs are covered and arranged by the Students Commission upon receipt or confirmation of the conference registration fee and completed conference forms (see below).
Please also note that conference fees for this event represent a 40% of the costs involved in delivering and hosting the conference. The Students Commission is subsidizing the remaining 60% of costs.
For more information call 416-597-8297 or through e-mail at email@example.com